6 Inch Shars and Grizzly Rotary Tables- Is There a Difference?

Fairbanks

Active User
Registered
Greetings- I have been looking at the Shars and Grizzly 6 inch rotary tables. Additionally I would like to order the tail stock and dividing plates. Other than paint, they look the same online. The Grizzly set up is a few bucks more but not much. Is there any real difference? Also, are there other companies in the same general price range I should be looking at?

Thanks in Advance!

Check the grizzly site again. They have the 6 inch with the dividing plates and and tail stock for pretty much the same price as everyone else's plain 6 inch rotary table. When I bought mine a year ago , it was the best thing going.

I have a 6" grizzly, with dividing plates. Ive been using it for 2+ years now. Giving the abuse i put on tools, it has been holding up well. I purchased it initially to accurately drill holes in sheetmetal, since purchasing my mill its been getting a steady diet of plate. Works well within light duty environmen. I have tried pushing it beyond its intended work window and it is not up to heavy use.
Get a 6" chuck for it, make a tilting vise plate and it is an outstading addition to the shop.

Hth
Rich

The griz looked very similar to others in same price range. Mine was grinding pretty good when turning so I took it apart to clean up. It had a a good bit of loose casting sand. And chiseled off a lot in there too. Works great now. Maybe I got a rough one. Might find a 10% coupon sent out recently.

Probably not much a difference between the two I would think. If you can, get a Vertex (Taiwan made Yuasa clone). Matt at QMT has great prices on them, he also has them listed on ebay last time I saw. Often I see Rutland branded RTs on ebay, they're made by Vertex just with their name plate on them.

The Grizzly H7527 includes dividing plates and tail stock for $331. I don't see one at Shars with the same accessories. I bought this one and it works well for me.
Dave

Back