618 sight unseen.

Really tough call on when to dive in or punt. If you enjoy the satisfaction of turning a piece of "art" into something useful, go for the restoration. If you get more enjoyment out of making chips, sell it as is and chalk it up as a good lesson learned. Many unscrupulous people out there misrepresenting stuff. Buyer beware.

Bruce

For any that are interested.
I gave the lathe to my brother in payment for him transporting my south bend back to Wisconsin. He tore it down and rehabbed it. It has a dual speed motor so it works fine for the tinkering he does with it

Here’s the finished product my brother is just using it to tinker with for now. We keep our eyes peeled for more parts but for now he’s using it as is

Attachments

• 144B01A7-2314-4660-B88C-EB7158DE98F1.jpeg
    144B01A7-2314-4660-B88C-EB7158DE98F1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
Nice work Keith! I’d be mighty happy to receive that! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. However my brother did everything. He was on restricted duty for a while so he had a friend get it on his bench and he went to town. It belongs to him now. I still love seeing it progress so I just ordered him a complete back gear assembly and new spindle pulley. Just missing a bull gear and the half but assembly for it to be completely rebuilt and stock operating condition.

Would somebody mind sending me the dimensions for part m6-78. It’s one of the last parts we need and it can be easily made on the lathe

Attachments

• CF6EFD57-7EF2-4D7B-ADCB-B2AE081A5EF6.jpeg
    CF6EFD57-7EF2-4D7B-ADCB-B2AE081A5EF6.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 20
Back