[How-To] 932 shaft collar

EVMiller

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am making a new collar to clamp around the quill on my 932v. I bored my first ever hole and I am not sure how to proceed. I am planning on adding a quill stop similar to Dark Zero , I am using a magnetic scale for the quill and have the tape mounted to the rear of the quill collar, and I am considering adding a traction spring to the mix also. My questions: 1. Should I make this a two piece or simple single split ring? 2. If I go to two piece route can I split the ring off center from the bore (red line in the pic below)?

A picture to get a rough idea of the placement of things:
20210829_212752.jpg

*I am doing away with the small control box mounted on the left side of the head, it wont interfere with the quill stop.

Last edited:
Since it is going on the quill and I assume slides on from the bottom end you should be able to split it off center as pictured. If it had to go around something and not off the end you would need to split in the middle to have it be the right diameter to get around. It may be easier to just cut in one place and have one bolt to lock it. Just depends on the room you have and look you want. Should lock well enough either way.

Back