a couple of my projects. 375H&H mauser & 220swiftAI mosin nagant

dirtyjim

Active User
Registered
here are a couple of my gunsmithing projects.
375 H&H on an oberndorf mauser receiver. i trued the action, opened the bolt face & threaded & chambered the barrel on my grizzly 9x20.
some of the parts before i started assembling it.
375HHproject2.jpg

375hhbottommetal.jpg
barrel in my to small lathe.
375barrelinlathe.jpg

assembled, still need final shaping on the stock and rust blue
375HHproject8.jpg

finished exept for the checkering, the only part of the build i won't be doing.
375bluedsealed.jpg

1891 remington mosin nagant in 220 swiftAI. this was a spare parts build, i just happed to have a shot out mosin, a remington 722 barrel in .222 and a 220swiftAI reamer.
barrel being threaded.
220swftmosinbarrelthreads.jpg
bolt face modified.
mosinrimlessbolthead.jpg

finished product
220swiftmosin4.jpg

i also had to modify the interuptor/ejector a little bit

Very nice! Reminds me of when I reworked the shank on the barrel of the Savage 99TD, on my Atlas lathe. Half the barrel in the chuck and the rest in the steady rest.
Pierre

Very nice looking rifles. The 375 H&H is one of my favorite hunting calibers.

Best thing about this site, I get to see projects only magazine available in the past.

Jim,

Can't say I'm a big fan of the Mossin Nagant, but the Mauser makes for very a nice looking rifle. Where did you get the receiver?

Tom

Tom, i picked up that receiver on gunbroker a few years ago. Mosin's aren't for everybody but i like them. I have several other mosin projects & a fin m28/76 target rifle

Jim,

I actually have a couple of Mosins and they are definitely cheap entertainment to shoot. I just can't get over how crude they are compared to the Springfields and my M1's.

I really like the look of the Mauser though and it just so happens that we have an antique arms show here in Detroit this weekend. I may have to do some shopping. :thumbsup:

Tom

Back