A date which will live in infamy

As one born in late 1944, and watching all those Victory at Sea movies, and having dad's brother serving on the Missouri as intelligence officer, I never forget ---
I was born in 63 and never new anyone the was at Pearl Harbor during the attack but we had family that fought in the pacific and Europe and those in my family always remembers.

I had a cousin that survived the Bataan death march, I asked him about it and for a long time he would not talk about it, a year or so before he died I was at his place and he asked if I still wanted him to tell me about it, I said yes (when he was finished talking I felt very bad for ever asking) I have never seen someone talk about something that hurt them so much so many years later.

God bless those that served....

I had CNN most of the day as background noise when I was working, and no mention of pearl harbor. But David Muir and Nora O'Donnell had features on pearl harbor in their newscasts.

I was beginning to think it wasn't important any longer.

Early this year I met a Pearl Harbor veteran who was 107, he said he was so focused on trying to live he did not know what happened until it was over. Saw a bunch of young people walk right by without even thanking him for his service.

Back