A lathe for 1 euro???

Marco Bernardini

Active User
Registered
I found this lathe on the German ebay (not available on ebay.com), unknown producer and year, but nice:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/131187280604
The current bid is just 1 euro.
The drawback is wifey wouldn't be happy of a 1356 km trip with an 800 kg old lathe on the roof of the Citroen C1, since it's sold "pick up only"!
:roflmao:
Anyway if you have a friend in the Berlin - Hamburg area who can get it for you it could be a deal.

Did anyone else click on "drehmaschine" at the top? There are 3900 entries. Not a South Bend, Clausing or Rockwell in the bunch, except for one Hardinge and a couple of Index machines the US has nothing on German Ebay in lathes. Shows how poorly we produce products for the world market. I would have thought that after the war the US would have exported our domestic machines to help re-build European industry and that they would be showing up on the secondary market now. Guess not.

That would be quite a deal... I used to live only 272 Km away...:)

I love the can of WD-40... I guess it's the universal aluminum fluid.

Hey Marco, I'd donate a couple of Euros for Gas money to see that on the roof of a C1 :roflmao:

Hey Marco, I'd donate a couple of Euros for Gas money to see that on the roof of a C1 :roflmao:

Some years ago I brought back home a whole Ikea kitchen… included the kitchen sink!

kitchen_sink.jpg

BTW, the sink is not from Ikea.

Did anyone else click on "drehmaschine" at the top? There are 3900 entries. Not a South Bend, Clausing or Rockwell in the bunch, except for one Hardinge and a couple of Index machines the US has nothing on German Ebay in lathes. Shows how poorly we produce products for the world market. I would have thought that after the war the US would have exported our domestic machines to help re-build European industry and that they would be showing up on the secondary market now. Guess not.

I guess in those years US producers didn't make a lot to promote their machines on the European market.
Maybe some multi-lingual literature and, overall, metric measures (here we have "inch-phobia") would have given them some better opportunities.

kitchen_sink.jpg

Back