A quick question

GK1918

Active User
Registered
Again thanks to Jim B the Atlas rolled in yesterday amazing It should be in my living room . I havent even touched
one of these since the 1960s so my question is only thing, there is no tool holder. I have a draw full of tool holders
and I need to know should it be (for the tool bit) straight or the 16 1/2* rake or does it matter. Every thing I read
about doesnt mention that. I am thinking a holder with no backrake just grind the HSS for the proper form. sam

Sam,
Down here in Fla we have to be mindfull of humidity and the issues that causes. Up in Mass it is probably a similar issue with Noreaster and snow. I organized all my tooling in a drawer and then cut out foam to hold each tool and allow me to see if a tool or holder was missing. Helps keep up with the stuff and organizes everything nicely to maximize storage and can be lined with a baggy to allow for a little lube to keep the rust to a minimum. If you have a cheap or unused tool box available you can get the foan rubber from Home depot and other big box stores. I have even seen blue board cut down to fit and silhouted necely. Just a thought.
Bob

Back