ACRA 618S DRO installation question

poorboy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi,

I am new to grinding - but have managed to purchase an ACRA 618S surface grinder and plan to install a DRO on the grinder (the DRO will be arriving today).

I do have a question on mounting a bracket onto the head so that I can attach an aluminum strut to support the DRO vertical reading head. The shaft for the grinder head is circular and has no flat spots to easily mount an aluminum strut. I was wondering if people who have faced a similar issue (on the vertical axis) can post pictures of what their DRO install (bracket) looks like ?

I searched around the internet, but really cannot find much on this (besides Dudly Toolwright - but his grinder has flat surfaces to mount the aluminum strut to) .

thanks

Adam

Maybe a two piece ring that clamps on spindle housing. Then you can put your flat spot on the ring.

Maybe a two piece ring that clamps on spindle housing. Then you can put your flat spot on the ring.
Yup that is the intention as of right now. Just hoping to see what others have done to get some ideas etc.

Back