Resolved Ads blocking content.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
every once in a while, the Ads start blocking content. This is better than one of the earlier ads today, but is indicative of the problem.
add_over_content.jpg

I’ll take a look a little bit later.

Anybody else having this specific problem? Please report on the same issue as reported by Woodchucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I had a similar incident yesterday. Normally the ads are in the right column or above and below the content. Yesterday the ads were literally covering the content. In previous days some ads would creep into the content area, but could be either closed or minimized. yesterday they couldn't be closed or minimized.

I just shut off the site and went to another. I didn't return for several hours. When I came back the ads were once again in the right column only.

Upvote 0
I was able to see the same issue described by @woodchucker and @projectnut.

I'm guessing based on my limited knowledge of Google Adsense and the code behind Xenforo. I think it is a screen resolution setting in the software's default layout.

I've reached out to Xenforo to determine if there is something I can do about ad placement and the settings for how it is rendered in the browser. Google Adsense is another matter. I won't get into the gory details, because I'm not 100% certain of them myself, but the ads that are placed in the content of the threads as reported here are automatically placed - which presents less flexibility in what I can do immediately to rectify this.

Xenforo:
One thing I did do is "zoom out" in the browser. This shuffled the ads to the right side of the content and allowed the content to be viewed. This is why I think the problem is partially a Xenforo problem with the default layout code. However, once I navigated to another screen, the ads would once again migrate over the content.

Google Ads:
I have to escalate this problem in order to resolve it. I've tried disabling the placement of these ads temporarily and it is not responding as intended. So, please be patient with me as I make this a top priority and try to resolve this over the next couple of days.

Bryan

Upvote 0
Back