All about being creative.

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Started out with the stainless-steel cart that was at one time part of a commercial kitchen. Put new casters on it and now it is a great little portable cart/bench for cleaning and Re-Assy of machine parts. The wire rack-shelf I bought from Temu for holding my battery-operated drills and battery chargers. Very good quality little Rack-Shelf. Below are some aluminum cooking pans I bought from Sams. Great for keeping things together while cleaning. Currently there is a very old Chuck that I took apart and will clean and re grind the jaws for my Clausing model 100. Last but not least are the kitchen tongs that are great for clean-up of chips after a day's milling or turning. Also great for crippled old men to pick up what is on the floor.

Attachments

• IMG_2460.JPG
    IMG_2460.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    451.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2462.JPG
    IMG_2462.JPG
    467.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2471.JPG
    IMG_2471.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2472.JPG
    IMG_2472.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 43
Damn, you got the nice tongs.

I have several stick magnets around the shop to pick up stuff.

Damn, you got the nice tongs.

I have several stick magnets around the shop to pick up stuff.
I've got several stick magnets as well. but when trying to clean up a mountain of aluminum chips I get frustrated when the vacuum cleaner hose keeps plugging from all the stringy aluminum Birds Nest chips. Not to mention in my old age My success rate of dropping stuff I am trying to hold on is near 100% that I will drop whatever I am holding on to. The idea of the kitchen tongs came to me a few days ago and I'm thinking about buying a few more and hanging them on machines. The throw away aluminum pans for cleaning parts is not a new idea but when I saw that "one pan" was over $8 dollars at the grocery store, I refused to participate in deflation. I never have figured out why they call it inflation when in fact the value of the dollar is deflated. And thanksgiving is just too far away to wait for family and friends to give me their dirty Turkey pans. I guess you could call me Creatively Cheap LOL. You should see what I can do with a roll of Reynolds Wrap or a roll of Saran Wrap. Thanks for commenting.

Dirty turkey pans would be a cool band name.

Not sure if you have thrift shops near you but they can be a gold mine for cheap parts trays/containers.

I got two 14x24” commercial balking sheets and three heavy old school bread pans for under $10 at a reuse store.

You have to hit them frequently to find deals, but I just go to the ones on my regular routes and do a quick scan of the kitchen or appliance sections depending on what I’m looking for.

Not sure if you have thrift shops near you but they can be a gold mine for cheap parts trays/containers.
Dollar Store! Lots of great little trays, dividers, etc. meant for kitchen organizing that are perfect for tooling and whatnot. Cheap.

Back