Almost making the Haas work

Jim F

Registered
Registered
Running the older,(3 yo) VF 2 SS, part is 1.25 6016, .680 hole all the way through, part is 8" long.
11/16 thru coolant drill, for the hole, just over half way from each end,seeing 65% on the spindle load meter !!!!
30 HP motor.

G73 code pecking ? How are the holes matching up in the middle Jim ?

Wow! Pretty deep hole! The longest I have ever done was 6” @ 10mm diameter. I got lucky as they did meet correctly.
The other day, I was taking a SMALL skim up pass on some 316 SS 2.5“ tubing. The lathe motor was not happy. It has a 1 1/2 hp motor but I really think it is a gerbil powered motor! Anything over .010” even with a new insert was not going to happen.
Pierre

Wow! Pretty deep hole! The longest I have ever done was 6” @ 10mm diameter. I got lucky as they did meet correctly.
The other day, I was taking a SMALL skim up pass on some 316 SS 2.5“ tubing. The lathe motor was not happy. It has a 1 1/2 hp motor but I really think it is a gerbil powered motor! Anything over .010” even with a new insert was not going to happen.
Pierre
The other Haas was running some spacers, taking .030 depth per pass, in low carbon steel.......
High feed mills make some noise.......

We have two HAAS mills and they can make lots of noise! When they are spinning fast, it is hard to have a conversation without shouting. Between those and our 6 Wire EDM machines, that area of the shop can be a bit much!
Pierre

Back