Am I crazy? New member lost already

Don Moore

Registered
Registered
During the process of posting the required introduction on this site today, I could swear (I know, no swearing allowed) that I read a lengthy description of an auction feature. Could I have temporarily wandered to another site? I can't find it now. It was an auction forum where you could sell and buy machinery. Is that a function that can be done somewhere on this site? Please help, I've lost my brains and I can't find them! Thanks.
Don

I don't know, did you look in your history?
Welcome:))

Hi Don
I think you will find that the auction is off line for the moment
due to some members abusing it. I for one want it to be reinstated.
Any way you have not lost your marbles, and welcome to the best machinist site on the net.
Brian . the small end of the shop.

OK, I think I found the issue. In doing an internet search, sure enough the H-M site has a link that refers to auctions for members only to auction off spare parts. This is precisely the language I saw this morning. When I tried to go to the link, I got a warning I am not authorized to see that page. So possibly I am not a full fledged approved member yet, even though I have been able to post some threads. It is interesting that it is hidden so well - perhaps it is off line as suggested. If I still have trouble after a day or two, I'll try contacting site admin. Thank you for the replies.

Last edited:
The information that your Internet search came up with was a cached copy of that page from when it was still up and running.

Back