An adapter for my own Tungsten Grinding tool using my mini lathe

cdcava

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I finally got some time with my mini-lathe (Only Lathe I have so far)! I needed to make an adapter/bushing for a 7/8" arbor diamond grinding disc to stick on an old craftsman motor (that had a 1/2" arm) I had lying around to create a homemade tungsten grinder. Naturally it took me hours to make this little part! But man was it fun!

Love to see pics!

I finally got some time with my mini-lathe (Only Lathe I have so far)! I needed to make an adapter/bushing for a 7/8" arbor diamond grinding disc to stick on an old craftsman motor (that had a 1/2" arm) I had lying around to create a homemade tungsten grinder. Naturally it took me hours to make this little part! But man was it fun!
Welcome!
That is what this hobby is about! Using a machine to make a useful part that fits and works like a "factory" made item. Better yet is replacing a poorly made part with one that will last forever or longer.
Have a good day
Ray

Welcome!
That is what this hobby is about! Using a machine to make a useful part that fits and works like a "factory" made item. Better yet is replacing a poorly made part with one that will last forever or longer.
Have a good day
Ray
Thanks! Here's another pic to get a better idea of this over-engineered but super fun project! I still need to build a tungsten rod "turret".
20210213_082206.jpg

Looks good, Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I have 2 or 3 of the pencil sharpener tungsten grinders, auction buys, they work great, but usually put the tungsten into a cordless drill and run it on the side of a grey wheel. Old habits are hard to break.

Back