Ann YiH Precise Industries AM-06 motor

raml5

Registered
Registered
Where can I find a replacement for an Ann YiH Precise Industries AM-06 motor? It has the same diameter and mounting hole dimensions as the Ann YiH AM6 motor that is currently on their site (google for "Ann YkH AM6"), but the height of the AM6 is 37mm (21mm for the body plus 15mm for the shaft) while the AM-06 I need to replace has a height of only 30 mm total (20 for the body plus 10 for the shaft). The AM6 shaft is also 7mm diameter and smooth while the AM-06 shaft on the motor I need to replace is removable with a 3 or 4mm diameter male thread on each end (one to screw into the motor body and one to screw into what I'm trying to fix; I haven't tried to determine the thread series yet). Ann YiH also doesn't seem to sell retail. Amazon has a couple other manufactures with similar things to the AM6 (so too tall) and have no idea if they'd be louder or if I can replace the shaft with the one I have.

I'd also be open to completely different ideas. What I'm trying to replace is the motor for a Dept. 56 Dicken's Village Fezziwig's Ballroom (a.k.a. Fezziwig Warehouse No. 2) that is used to spin several dancers inside the house. It needs to spin at 5 or 6 RPM. The original motor was loud so not ideal but it no longer turns so is useless. If I can't find a direct replacement and need to make room for something taller like I found above, I'd rather also make it quieter. I'm thinking about trying to get a worm gear motor to work. I found this one on Amazon: "uxcell DC 12V 6RPM Worm Gear Motor 6mm Femaile Shaft High Torque Turbine Reducer" but that's probably a lot more powerful than I need. Unfortunately it would also need a transformer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What voltage is the original? Does it have brushes? Or is it an induction motor? From the size it sounds like a small dc "Mabuchi" motor
Did it freeze up completely or can you turn the shaft by hand?
Can you post a picture?
-Mark
ps I'm thinking the turntable motor from a microwave oven might be adaptable- they are usually in the range of 3-6 rpm and very quiet

It is a 120V 60 Hz AC motor (3.7W, 6 RPM). I think it is a synchronous motor. I can turn the shaft easily by hand. When I plug it in to the wall outlet, it makes noise and vibrates like it is turning but the shaft does not move. I attached a couple pictures. Also noticed I mistyped the manufacturer. It should be Ann YiH. The attached pictures are of the AM-06 motor I need to replace. The attached schematic and specs are for the AM6 on their current site which has the same diameter but is too tall.

Attachments

• motor3.jpeg
    motor3.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 1
  • motor2.jpeg
    motor2.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 3
  • motor1.jpeg
    motor1.jpeg
    999.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1613611672667.png
    1613611672667.png