Another "seriously?" video, very hard to believe

nnam

Registered
Registered
Watching this, we appreciate the knowledge we have and what we got.

It is a bit hard to watch. I almost close my eyes when spark flies. No file, no bevel, no rules.

Looks like there is a file laying there at 4:45. Also, looked closely, it turned out they close their eyes when they start the weld.

Last edited:
Wow. I count my good fortune every day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is called 'working with what you have'. They likely also appreciate what they have, limited as it might seem to us. In the meantime they repair and refurbish everything. Having driven by roadside shops in Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia everything is repairable apparently.

If you look at enough videos from the 60's and earlier in North America you will find similar 'infractions'.

I applaud their creativity and get-on-with-it attitude. Probably lost his arms from a mine leftover from the conflicts there. Sadly also a common event even after all these years.

He worked with what he has. But the creativity to supply that young man with wheels of his own is priceless.. Still lots of people all over the world make do . I have done it my entire life. Being disabled I've made everything or adapted things for my use. I needed to make a door opener closer for my van after being back in a wheelchair the lift people said it would be 5 grand minimum to convert it. I did it for $500. 44inch actuator remote switching n wiring some fabrication welding and a friend's help mounting it all. Even the lift I found new scratch n dent for under $500. Commercial model list over $3,500 . Disabled people have no chance of ever buying a new wheelchair van. So applaud this mechanic fabricator. He's helping the needed.

Ingenious! I doubt any of them graduated from MIT.
Dave

Back