ANOTHER TABLESAW KICKBACK-GRAPHIC

Wow. Scary way to remind others to be safe, but thanks. Anyone can get complacent at times and not remember the damage one of these tools can dish out in a moment.
I have a Sawstop cabinet saw, and have tripped the mechanism a couple times. Once with the sliding table fence which was sticking out too far after returning it to 90 degrees,
and once due to forgetting to turn off the sensor when sawing damp wood. Both times cost me a cartridge and a Forest WWII blade. Still a small price to pay if it one day
prevents one of my hands from taking the damage as shown above. I hope you heal well.

I was doing a search and stumbled upon this post from 2017. Here's follow up of my injury and how well it healed. Obviously I didn't recover 100% function as I lost my index finger and the next two fingers don't bend in the middle. The middle and ring fingers also don't have much feeling but thanks to the surgeon that saved those two fingers I can do most things in the shop it just takes a bit longer. Some tools need adaptors now as I can't close my fist completely on skinny stuff. I had to make a TIG filler rod holder out of an aluminum cylinder with a thumbscrew and I zip tied pool noodle foam to the fore grips of my fishing rods so I could grab them. There are lots of other little aids, crutches and fixtures I need but all in all I was lucky to retain the function that I have. It turned out to be more of an inconvenience than a life changing event.

DEC 21  2017C.JPGZ sept 2019.JPG

Back