Antique vise anvil drill combo pat sept 22 1914

It looks about as handy as a monkey trying to f--- a football.

It looks about as handy as a monkey trying to f--- a football.

It is actually a useable vise/ anvil combo... as long as you use it as it was intended.

I would consider it to be for light duty use only... any heavy hammering or overtightening is likely to break something. I don't have the drilling attachment with mine... and doubt that it was actually ever very useful. That may be why most of them have become seperated from the drilling attachment over the years.

It's like any other tool... you can get good use from it as long as you understand it's limitations...

-Bear

Like most multipurpose equipment, it does it all but nothing very well. Drill bits of that era often had 1/2" shanks. Hence no need for an adjustable chuck. The 1915 Sears & Roebuck catalog lists their "improved" version of the above for $2.90.

What is it worth. Son-in-law gave it to me for xmas.

Check out the 'what did you buy today' thread... post #9984 to #9989...

I have one like that... best I can tell, it was manufactured by Rock Island Manufacturing.

-Bear
I'm a newbie how do I find this post

Try this...

Can I fix this dont know if cast iron or steel but spark test looks like steel. Heat, press, or heat and beat.

Attachments

• 20230125_165234.jpg
    20230125_165234.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 7
Can I fix this dont know if cast iron or steel but spark test looks like steel. Heat, press, or heat and beat.

Attachments

• 20230125_165201.jpg
    20230125_165201.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 5
Hi -
I know I'm not suppose sell on this website, but I have found something that I have no idea what they are or what they are worth Can anyone give me some input
lathe.jpg

Attachments

• lathe 2.jpg
    lathe 2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3
  • lathe3.jpg
    lathe3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 3
Back