Any info on value on adjustable collet set to turn motor arbors stators?

jbmauser

Registered
Registered
I got an interesting SB accessory with my lathe that I do not need. There are parts and bits I do need so I think I will put it on eBay but I have never seen it offered anywhere to estimate a value. It is a MT # 2 adjustable [attachimg=1]collet holder with brass collets that are designed to accept an electric motor shaft that does not have a dimple in the end to accept a live center. The kit has a few collets of sizes fit most motors shafts so the commentator can be turned. Not a common job I would think. More collector value than production need I would think. Have any of you seen such an item listed for sale?

image001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones I have used were run by hand like a manual egg beater, I guess starter & generator shops used these, but I have never seen one being used. Check your local phone book to see if anyone still fixes generators and starters. I am sure someone would come up with a use for this tool to machine parts other than those shafts. It looks like it would not be too hard to make the chuck holder, but would be a little involved with the collets, if standard collets would not fit. I do believe someone posted a inflation calculator on here before so you can use it from the sheet that you have to get an idea of value, if you now when the prices were from the year listed.
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Back