Any PM 1027 lathe owners?

n3480h

Active User
Registered
Looking at a little larger lathe to pick up where my HF 7x10 (soon to be 7x14) lathe leaves off. Interested in the PM 1027 for a number of reasons, including its 1-1/16" spindle bore. The price looks good and includes a cabinet stand and free shipping. I'd be interested in any feedback by owners of this or a similar model of PM lathe.

http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM1027.html

Tom

When I first started looking at upgrading from my Atlas that was the first lathe that caught my eye from PM because of the same reasons you listed. After talking to Matt I soon realixed that the 1127 was really what I needed and I was able to save the difference during the wait. Needless to say I ended up changing the order to a 1236. SOOO glad I did. No power crossfeed on the 1027 was one thing I remember. Matt also said that he normally didn't order them to stock.

Thanks tripletap3. The long term plan will be to CNC the lathe, and short term I can live with manual crossfeed. Truth is, the budget has limits and I am about to CNC my X2 mill. Funny how we sometimes chose to live like a refugee hermit so we can have these wonderful tools to use. Ah well, food for the soul.

Appreciate the input.

Tom

Wow. I emailed Matt about the 1027 at about 5:30 tonight - and he replied before 7:00. That's a new record in rapid response at my house, and I am impressed. Matt said he had no PM 1027s on order at this time, but he will have some new offerings soon. Since I am going to move before too long, I can wait a couple months. The new digs are on an acreage, and the house has a large room with heat and AC - which is perfect for a new shop setup. No more sweating or freezing while I try to make precision parts.:))

Tom

Back