Anyone ever seen or used one of these? (Fractal Vise?)

I agree he didn't pay, but he's a different shill.. I fear he is into so many things these days it might all come apart. learning CNC is not easy, and learning all the different machines he has is going to be tough. I think he is spread thin... But that's just my opinion.

I miss the old stuff, but I'll continue watching for now. Nothing wrong with him benefitting a little. I wish him success. I think it's important to not just learn but get plenty of work to make it happen. You learn the most when pushing yourself hard.

I'm sure Adam didn't pay a dime for his.

He's quite lax about disclosing sponsors / gifts / ads / etc.

I followed him for years, but he's turned into such a shill these days that I cannot stomach him.
I agree, Adam seems to be more of an infomercial nowadays. Although in his latest video he's cutting 2 keyways on a10 foot shaft for some customer with his fancy new Flex CNC.

I really do not see much use for such a thing I don't see it repeating position with multiple odd shaped parts.

they were the rage a year or two ago. They are worth a lot of money. A couple of youtubers showed them and demand hit a peak.

I really do not see much use for such a thing I don't see it repeating position with multiple odd shaped parts.
I don't think it's for a repetitive hold, just something that is difficult to hold, like a bulbous casting or something. I can't imagine doing a production run on that.

I think they're pretty darn cool - like the 4-axis vise I bought 20 years ago that I don't think I've ever used...

GsT

Back