Anyone try this Metal Repair Spray?

I tried it and didn't like it. I got some overspray on the floor and now I trip over it all the time.

Steve

Maybe we need to have a "Test the Product" Thread where a couple of us volunteer to but the "miracle" product and report back to the group? I for one think (its my my opinion, I have learned if you make a statement like that, you have to say it's your opinion, just in case you can be proved wrong, lol) this is a joke, a lot like the spray on hair they sell on TV.

It might fill the gap but to bond ? I have owned a metal sprayer and used it to hard coat Iron ways. It worked not so hot (pun), I had to get the metal so hot because the mach casting sucked the heat out of the area so fast. I just sent out some spindles to get the seal area's chrome plated. I know this is the old stand by and has worked for me hundreds of time in the past. I know there is a professional spray company in town and they have been in business for years, so it must work great in some places.

this is a joke,

You are correct, this is actually a joke and not a product at all. Online metals have a sense of humor.

I set up a flame spray shop at SIMA Portsmouth. Flame spray definitely has it's uses and repairing shafts is one of them. Hard facing valve wedges is another, just cut the stellite off prep and replace it with spray. I wouldn't consider it on CI as the temps required to fuse the powders would be too high. Then again I have had no involvement since '85 but I'd be surprised if the powder choices have changed that much.

Steve

You are correct, this is actually a joke and not a product at all. Online metals have a sense of humor.
Steve

I have never ordered anything from them but they do have a very interesting web site. Their disclaimer says not to rely on any of there information because " They all failed shop class"

An HVAC tech told me once that GE puts the smoke in their motors at the factory. If you ever have a problem in the field its because the smoke came out!:jester:

Computer monitors have magic smoke in them from the factory also. Trust me, once the magic smoke comes out, they no longer work!!

Really---all of your candid replies sure make a lot of sence-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------it's called NONSENCE
:roflmao:
we all need a lot of humor--even at our age

we all need good humor even at our ages!!!!

So it would be pointless to ask about buying any of their products?

Back