AR15 Build from A 80% Lower

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
Sorry I didn't get pictures of the machining but I have one with the parts in and one of the finished rifle.

Paul

80-lower-anodizedlus.jpg 2.JPG AR15.JPG

Looks good. I bet your ready to try her out. :soldier2:What barrel twist did you go with?

It is a chrome lined 1 on 9 with a 5.56x45 chamber, I tried it out as soon as I poped the pins in.
:))

Paul

I like it.

Is that anodizing or some other coating? Did you do the finish coat yourself? Did you get a "parts kit" for the lower and who's? How about the upper and barrel?

Sorry for all the questions but I have a "thing" for guns (and a few lowers I'm doing myself),

-Ron

Good looking job on the lower. I keep about a half dozen AR projects in different stages, never finish, just keep working and changing. What machinery did you have available? I know some nice builds have been done with just a drill press and hand tools.

I am interested in this project as well.

Correct me if I am wrong Iron, but it looks like you bought an anodized 80% lower and milled out the pockets. With that said, I am curious if the inside of the lower was then ceramakoted, anodized,m or left bare?

Thanks for the pictures of the pretty milling work.
Ben

I am interested in this project as well.

Correct me if I am wrong Iron, but it looks like you bought an anodized 80% lower and milled out the pockets. With that said, I am curious if the inside of the lower was then ceramakoted, anodized,m or left bare?

Thanks for the pictures of the pretty milling work.
Ben

Ben It is bare the rest you state is correct.

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Good looking job on the lower. I keep about a half dozen AR projects in different stages, never finish, just keep working and changing. What machinery did you have available? I know some nice builds have been done with just a drill press and hand tools.

Rick just look at my sig line it is all listed there. And thinks for asking.

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Sources my friend. We need sources.

Lowers. http://gunpartsplus.com/80-ar-15-lower-receiver/

uppers. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Upper-Receiver-Groups-s/1.htm

I also get a lot of stuff from Midwayusa,Brownells and other places.

If you do a google you'll find more than you want to look at. The places are all about the same prices. But the cheaper uppers are always out of stock.

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

I like it.

Is that anodizing or some other coating? Did you do the finish coat yourself? Did you get a "parts kit" for the lower and who's? How about the upper and barrel?

Sorry for all the questions but I have a "thing" for guns (and a few lowers I'm doing myself),

-Ron

Ron it was a anodized 80% lower and the cheapest lower parts kit was from a guy on Amazon.
Lower I got here. http://gunpartsplus.com/80-ar-15-lower-receiver/

Every bodys prices are about the same. I got the upper from Midway they were the only ones that had what I wasted and it was in stock at the time.

Back