Archer torch mod. B

porthos

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
picked one up at a estate sale with a large amount of oxygen (25) and butane (15) cartridges. haven't used it yet , no instructions. anyone ever use one and what are your thoughts??

I pined for this as a 10yr old and saved all my pennies until I had enough to buy it.

I was disappointed in the performance (Remember now, I was a kid) It needed constant adjustment as the cylinders are small and run out fast and it literally eats oxygen cylinders like their going out of style.

Adult me would likely have better results, but you're still limited to the capacity of the oxy cylinder.

They did at one point offer a system that utilized two oxy cylinders and one fuel cylinder, but I think the whole concept died out shortly thereafter.

Still neat and useful in the right hands.

thanks that is what i expected for a response. i will play with it a little bit; but, i won't make myself crazy

thanks that is what i expected for a response. i will play with it a little bit; but, i won't make myself crazy
I went down a rabbit hole yesterday on these and forgot to get back to you.

These were geared towards mobile repair men (TV and such) and Jewelers.

Tube TVs had a big soldered joint on the back of the tube that could be problematic and resoldering with an iron could result in overheating one part of the tube and blowing the tube up.

These torches would let you get on and off with high heat to do the job without heating up the glass tube much if at all.

Jewelry is self explanatory I guess.

Back