Atlas 618 Spare Parts Price Sheet

mvagusta

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have obtained a current "price sheet" for Atlas 618 parts from Clausing. "Price sheet" is in quotes because Clausing no longer maintains a price sheet for Atlas 618 replacement parts. Instead, a request for quote (RFQ) must be submitted, in response to which Clausing will provide a quotation. Then parts may be ordered at prices as quoted. So to obtain a price sheet I simply submitted an RFQ for every part that is listed in the Atlas 618 INSTRUCTIONS AND PARTS bulletin and received a quote on all the parts that are currently available. The number of parts that are still available for a machine that ceased production almost 50 years ago was surprising, which you can see for yourself as the Clausing quote is attached in PDF format. I also transferred the quotation information into an Excel spreadsheet so that the information may be sorted in various ways. This is also attached.

My original intention was to obtain drawings of the lathe parts so that I could check my CAD models (generated from manual measurements) for accuracy. I called the Clausing Service Center at 1-800-323-0972 and talked to Erika Roe, who was both helpful and pleasant. I told her I was building a 3D computer model of the Atlas 618 and would like to obtain digital copies of the part drawings if they still existed. She indicated that she could only provide drawings for parts that were discontinued and she did not have a listing of what was in stock and what was not. The only way to find out was to submit an RFQ.

So, on Friday afternoon May 5th I sent an RFQ for 147 parts to Erika and received a preliminary quote on Tuesday May 9th along with a PDF containing 23 drawings of parts that were discontinued or no longer available. I cleaned up all except two of the drawing images and then uploaded them all to the Atlas Lathe Drawings category in the Downloads section. Here is a link: Most Recent Atlas 618 Downloads

The official quote took another month to show up on Friday June 9th. The spreadsheet contains the prices from this more recent quotation.

Attachments

• Atlas 618 Parts Quote 06-09-23.pdf
    189.8 KB · Views: 64
  • RFQ Clausing Atlas 618 06-09-23.xls
    70 KB · Views: 37
That thought occurred to me as well. I'm trying to figure out an honorable way to find out what her favorite restaurant is. I sent her a spreadsheet with 147 items on it for a 60-year-old lathe and she returned a quote in 3 business days. Who does that? Pretty amazing.

I love the price list quotes! Not only can we now quickly tell what is available, we have a good reference for the cost!

Would you mind dropping the pdf parts diagrams in this thread so anyone referencing it knows what each of the parts numbers actually are? That would be fantastic! Eliminate the guesswork!
(edit: found it and added to this post for future reference)

I would be willing to donate a couple bucks to the gift card! Yay Erica! :applause 2:

IMG_4079.jpegIMG_4080.jpegIMG_4081.jpegIMG_4082.jpegIMG_4083.jpeg

Last edited:
I would send Erica a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant .
Erika (notice her name is spelled with a "k") has now received a gift card to her favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, from "Fans at HobbyMachinist.com" She had to ask her manager if it was OK to do so and it was, and after receiving it she wrote, "I got the gift card. I can’t say thank you enough!" It is good for someone who does a good job to be appreciated.

I also asked her about 10 items on the RFQ that weren't quoted and there was no drawing included. I asked if there were drawings somewhere of these parts or someone I could talk to about it. She asked her manager and he said there was a storage location with old drawings and so Erika is going to have a look and see. I am really hoping we can get hold of the drawing for the headstock casting. That part was particularly hard to measure accurately by hand.

If anyone would like to send her some kind words, here is her contact info:

1689355027311.png

Erika comes through again! She got hold of some TIF's and a blueprint photo. I cleaned up 6 of the TIF's, converted them to PDF, and put them in the Downloads section along with the converted blueprint photo.

Back