Atlas Machines Database 2020-09-16

Robert,

The file open or save window comes up wherever you left it the last time that you used it. And I think that whether the OPEN or SAVE button is checked and what program is going to be used to open it (if you choose OPEN) is also supposed to be the program that you used the last time you opened that file type. Which is usually whatever program is the current default for that file type on your machine. As far as saying that Excel works to open the DBF,
there isn't quite enough space in the one-liner. But if you are in Downloads and single click the file name, a longer description shows up. However, access to Downloads requires Donor status because Downloads takes up enough file server space that it is a significant contributor to our monthly bill. The minimum donation amount is $10 per year. To get around the donor requirement, in part because machine information contributors are more often than not new to the site and not yet donors, I put the file in the Atlas Forum sticky area. Unfortunately, attachments don't have descriptions and etc. like Downloads and Photos do. So you will have to get that info from the text above the actual files.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new to H M but would like to add my Atlas model #4804, serial #9807 lathe to your database. Inherited thru family and unworking for many years, this lathe is believed to have been purchased new for use in NJ and has always remained in this state. I hope to update with progress and/or problems as assembly continues.

Back