ATW Lathe Steady Rest

63redtudor

Registered
Registered
Does anyone with an older American Toolworks Lathe need a steady rest? With my grandfather's South Bend 16" there was an ATW lathe steady that he had adapted for use. I "belive" that it was intended for a 15" lathe, but I have no memory of the ATW lathe (I would have been too young) and I'm not sure the lathe was even compete when he purchased it. With some trading, I now have the correct steady rest for my lathe. Would anyone with an ATW lathe have an interest in it? I would be willing to do a trade, though I don't really have anything off the top of my head to trade for. I am always on the look out for parts for my early Sheldon 10" and the (VERY) early South Bend 16" with the 2 3/8 - 8 spindle (not the more common 2 3/8 - 6....). I do have pictures and I took measurements as I'm not totally sure what size ATW lathe the steady went with. Send me a PM and we will work something out.
Edwin

Some pictures:
The pictures show the adapter that grandpa made to fit it to the SB lathe. The last picture is of the basic measurements I made of the base, as I am not sure what size lathe it was actually intended for.KIMG2298.JPGKIMG2299.jpgKIMG2300.JPGKIMG2301.JPG

Could you give me a measurement from the base to the center of the hole?

Bones

Any indication of what ATW lathe it may work with? I have a 14” Pacemaker and would be interested if it would work with my lathe.

Back