B&S Micromaster requires Mobil Vaculine 1405 hydraulic/way oil

I use Vactra #2 for most of my machines, but it seems more viscous than Vacuoline 1405, by quite a bit. I'm in need of a full Micromaster re-lube, so very interested in this thread...

GsT
I’m leaning toward the Vaculine if I can’t find a product data sheet the same as Vaculine 1405.
The difference in price after shipping is about $300.
If I plan on changing the oil every five years, that’s $60 a year for piece of mind.
Benmychree has the same surface grinder, he’s happy with Vactra 2.
But, I’m obsessed with the possibility of mechanical neglect. To me, the $60 a year is negligible.

We all have issues :)

Vacuoline 1405 is an ISO 32 oil.

Vactra No. 2 is an ISO 68 oil.

When I got my Micromaster, I followed the manual and ordered Vacuoline 1405. It wasn’t in stock so I changed my order to Phillips 66 Multi-Way Oil HD, ISO 32.

I purchased from PSC and changing to Phillips 66 cut the price from $506 to $331 for three buckets shipped.

-Jason
The Phillips product is interesting

I’m leaning toward the Vaculine if I can’t find a product data sheet the same as Vaculine 1405.
The difference in price after shipping is about $300.
If I plan on changing the oil every five years, that’s $60 a year for piece of mind.
Benmychree has the same surface grinder, he’s happy with Vactra 2.
But, I’m obsessed with the possibility of mechanical neglect. To me, the $60 a year is negligible.

We all have issues :)
I'm with you. What I know about all the factors involved in oils could fit in a forum post - because that's probably where I learned it! What I don't know, I suspect, could fill a book. So I definitely tend toward mfg recommendations. But that Philips product looks promising, and if I'm honest with myself, I am more likely to wear out before the Micromaster...

GsT

Back