Back at the VFD well thirsty again.

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Long and short of the story. I have a Huanyang VFD hooked to a 2 hp 3 phase motor. It was working fine with the parameters I had in it. Start/Stop and FWD and REV and the pot for varying the frequency all worked fine. So today I attempted to install a remote toggle switch for the Start/Stop FWD/REV. Never did get it to work. I change the settings on P001-0 to P001-1 and got nothing. So, I pulled the wires off of the FWD and REV terminals and removed the center wire for the toggle switch from DCM Went back and changed P001-1 to P001-0. So now it starts and stops but I have Zero control with the Speed Pot. The P002-0 is at P002-0 as it should be for local control but when I start the motor it ramps up to full speed and turning the pot does nothing to control the RPM. I am semi-skilled at doing this because I put a Fugi Frenic-Mini on my mill and wired the remote toggle switch and remote pot and it works fine. So, before I go off the deep end, I am open for suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

Long and short of the story. I have a Huanyang VFD hooked to a 2 hp 3 phase motor. It was working fine with the parameters I had in it. Start/Stop and FWD and REV and the pot for varying the frequency all worked fine. So today I attempted to install a remote toggle switch for the Start/Stop FWD/REV. Never did get it to work. I change the settings on P001-0 to P001-1 and got nothing. So, I pulled the wires off of the FWD and REV terminals and removed the center wire for the toggle switch from DCM Went back and changed P001-1 to P001-0. So now it starts and stops but I have Zero control with the Speed Pot. The P002-0 is at P002-0 as it should be for local control but when I start the motor it ramps up to full speed and turning the pot does nothing to control the RPM. I am semi-skilled at doing this because I put a Fugi Frenic-Mini on my mill and wired the remote toggle switch and remote pot and it works fine. So, before I go off the deep end, I am open for suggestions.

Thanks in Advance
If I remember there is a jumper that needs to be moved.
and it must have the parameter matching the setting for the jumper.

If I remember there is a jumper that needs to be moved.
and it must have the parameter matching the setting for the jumper.
That is correct but I have not moved the jumper because I have not installed the remote Pot.

did you change the min and max freq?
Parameters 04-06
you might try setting 02 to 1
then resetting it back to 0...

did you change the min and max freq?
Parameters 04-06
you might try setting 02 to 1
then resetting it back to 0...
I have not checked min and max but I will tomorrow. I did set 02 to 1 and then back to 0, Nothing changed it still runs at max rpm

I am beginning to question if the Pot just went bad. I got the remote Fwd/Rev switch working fine today. But still can't control the speed. I have a new 10k pot coming tomorrow, I will install it change P002-0 to P002-1 and move the jumper to 1&2 hopefully this will give me control back of the RPM. If not, I wasted my time installing the VFD. Variable speed is what my reason for changing to VFD and 3 phase. I'm not ready to give up on it yet. The one on my mill is like the icing on the cake.

The jumper at J16 should be the default of 0-10V which selects voltage, the speed pot needs to be connected GND on the low side of the pot, the center is connected to AI1 and the high side to +10V on the GT series. The frequency source parameter command depends on the VFD model so you need to verify it in the manual for your VFD. In one manual I have it as PD002 = 01 external terminal , in another manual for the GT series it specifies it as P0.07 Frequency "A" command source and this needs to be set to 1 which selects AI1 input for speed control. Note that the speed pot connections are different as well as the parameters depending on the HY VFD model you have. The default external speed input for most VFD's is a voltage divider and not current input. I would post a picture of the model number and input connections.

PD002​
Source of Operating Frequency​
0:Operator
1:External terminal
2:Communication port
0​
0=front panel
1= speed 10K potentiometer via terminals VR, VI, ACM

1700622148764.png

Mine is a HY and I have verified it.

I almost gave up, but the new Pot came in today and here is the video after I installed it. All I did was hook up the remote Pot as instructed by Huanyang move the jumper and change P002-0 to P002-1 as also instructed by Huanyang. Now if I can just quit making stupid mistakes like plugging in my 110 volt Power feed unit in to 220v I could stop fixing things and build something. I know I should have Error proofed it but you know the saying OLD DOG OLD TRICKS

Back