Bandsaw blades

mwh

Registered
Registered
What would people recommend for bandsaw blades (tpi, anti-vibration vs. standard, etc) for cutting mild steel and aluminum? I am using a Rockwell 7V horizontal bandsaw. It takes a 95" X 1/2" or 5/8" hard backed blade.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

What would people recommend for bandsaw blades (tpi, anti-vibration vs. standard, etc) for cutting mild steel and aluminum? I am using a Rockwell 7V horizontal bandsaw. It takes a 95" X 1/2" or 5/8" hard backed blade.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

It makes a difference what thickness the material you're trying to cut is in regard to the tooth count (generally at least three teeth should be engaged with the material at any one time), as well as its composition (hard materials generally require more teeth per inch than softer ones), and also whether you're making the occasional cut or a production line, and whether you need a smooth precision cut or you're just chopping stuff up (more teeth = a smoother cut).
Here's a link to the three main types of blade: http://www.bandsawblades.com/blades.htm

A bi-metal 10-14 tpi coarse or 14-18 tpi medium HSS blade is usually regarded as a general purpose purpose blade to cut most materials economically.

M

A bi-metal 10-14 tpi coarse or 14-18 tpi medium HSS blade is usually regarded as a general purpose purpose blade to cut most materials economically.
M

I just ordered blades for 2 saws, and this is what I specified. Seems to work for everything.

I'm running a 14-18 TPI Bimetal and it is giving good cuts and excelent life. First blade since the machine was new. Took off the chinese rubber band and put that one on straight away. Never looked back in nearly 2 years so far.
Bob

Back