Beall tools is no more

fcs

Registered
Registered
If you were considering adding a Beall ER32 chuck to your Sherline lathe or mill, you've waited too long. They closed shop at the end of 2021. I've got mine but I know a guy who is looking for one. Anybody know of a substitute?

Make one. Not hard to do. That's what I did. Halligan142 has a video on how to make one. Goes through every thing including how to figure out what gears you need to cut the metric thread if your lathe doesn't cut metric threads.

It looks like Lee Valley may be taking over the Beall products and I assume you meant 2022, not 2021 unless this message is really a year old.

From the Beall site

Dear Customers,
The time has come for holiday greetings, for gift creations, family gatherings and warm wishes for the coming year. Alas, this December it is also our time to say goodbye: after forty years, The Beall Tool Company will be closing at the end of this year. We’ve had an interesting time and have been rewarded — not only monetarily, but also by getting to know you better and hearing about your plans and projects.

We are grateful for your business over the years and for your trust in our products,
and want to assure you that our tools will live on. They will be available from Lee Valley, a company which appreciates and respects good tools and with whom we have had a long and happy relationship.

We want to wish you not only a warm and joyful holiday season, but also a lifetime of successful projects and fun in the sawdust. As for us — we have an idea we want to try out in the shop. . .

— J.R. & Judith Beall

Unfortunately Lee Valley does not show the collet chuck with 3/4-16 thread, only 1-8.

Back