Bench for milling machine

silence dogood

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Two weeks after picking up Millicent(LMS3960), I came across a beat up old tablesaw bench with the saw shell at a recycle scrap yard. The saw itself with the table were gone. After Bill find out what I was going to use it for he told me to take it. Can't beat the price.
Cleaned the old chipped paint, dirt, and rust with a power wire brush. Then painted it using "equipment & implement enamel" made by Auto Body Master that I got from a local auto parts store. To my surprise and delight, the "ford grey" is the same color as the LMS and Lathemaster.
DSC01752.JPG
Having some woodworking tools and skills, I made the drawers with all four corners dovetailed for strength. The wood base also is splined for strength. The two wooden blocks were left over pieces of pinblock material that I used in a piano that was restrung.
DSC01754.JPG
A master switch on the right side turns on to a plug-in on the left which power the LED lights and mill. It makes it very convenient to plug-unplug the mill and yet I still have lots of light.
Mark

DSC01752.JPG DSC01754.JPG

This looks really cool! great work Sir.

Two weeks after picking up Millicent(LMS3960), I came across a beat up old tablesaw bench with the saw shell at a recycle scrap yard. The saw itself with the table were gone. After Bill find out what I was going to use it for he told me to take it. Can't beat the price.
Cleaned the old chipped paint, dirt, and rust with a power wire brush. Then painted it using "equipment & implement enamel" made by Auto Body Master that I got from a local auto parts store. To my surprise and delight, the "ford grey" is the same color as the LMS and Lathemaster.
View attachment 83152
Having some woodworking tools and skills, I made the drawers with all four corners dovetailed for strength. The wood base also is splined for strength. The two wooden blocks were left over pieces of pinblock material that I used in a piano that was restrung.
View attachment 83153
A master switch on the right side turns on to a plug-in on the left which power the LED lights and mill. It makes it very convenient to plug-unplug the mill and yet I still have lots of light.
Mark

That's a very good looking stand. I have to start making one soon. Thanks for inspiring me.

Back