Bench Top Welding Table Build

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
I needed a welding table but did not have room for another bench and I did not want to pay for a folding welding table with a thin top so I decided to build one.

An 18"x24" welding table that fits right on any bench in the shop. Easy to move and easy to store. I used ¼" plate for the top surface, some ¼" square tubing for the legs and some 20 gauge sheet for the splatter shield. Some custom corner joints and magnetic angle brackets and I can take the splatter shield down in seconds to make room on the bench again.

I looked at the Miller 30FX Folding Work Station (300837), the top is nice and thick but a little out of my price range. I also looked at the folding welding tables from Northern Tool and Harbor Freight but the tops are only 9 gauge so a little thinner than I wanted. Plus, they take up floor space I just don't have left in my shop. The solution was to make a bench top welding table that is easy to store, just the size I need and with a thicker top. Also mine has a splatter guard that none of the others had.

I used my new Miller Dynasty 300 for stick welding on the legs. Precision Matthews PM 1440TL lathe to face off the legs and drill and tap them, and my Jet JMD18 Mill Drill to drill the plate. The whole project took about 3-4 hours. Now I have a place to work through my Tig Welding lessons from Pacific Arc Tig Welding.

Back