Bolt Circle

You may try adding one to the number of holes. On my DRO, if I say a 0 - 360 pattern with 4 holes the holes will be at 0, 120, 240 and back to 360. Or actually a 3-hole pattern. If I enter 5 for the number of holes with a start at 0 and an end at 360, it gives the desired spacing of 0, 90, 180, 270 and the last one back to 360.

Bruce
Bruce,
You don't need to do this with TouchDRO. When you select 4 holes, it creates 4 distinct holes. In your example, it would be 0,90,180, and 250 degrees. That is, unless you explicitly set both angles, starting and ending. Then the DRO will place the first hole at the starting angle, last hole at the ending angle, and the other two spaced equally in between.
Regards
Yuriy

Thanks Yuriy,
I just thought I was doing something wrong when I entered my parameters and expected the list to show the offsets.
After clearing and re-enting the data about four times I finally figured out the points were listed in absolute coordinates.

No big deal, thanks for the help!

By the way, the graphical bolt pattern is what made me go this route. The EL-400 is on the bench if I ever want to go back.
Jim Daniels

Thanks Yuriy,
I just thought I was doing something wrong when I entered my parameters and expected the list to show the offsets.
After clearing and re-enting the data about four times I finally figured out the points were listed in absolute coordinates.

No big deal, thanks for the help!

By the way, the graphical bolt pattern is what made me go this route. The EL-400 is on the bench if I ever want to go back.
Jim Daniels
Jim,
I see how this can be confusing. I've been thinking about this and one idea I have is to have a "preview" button or tab (still need to figure out what I can do there without a lot of work) that shows the points that will be created. Since I already have all of the context there, it's easier to show absolute and/or incremental positions for the points, depending on the user's preference. I added this to my "TODO" list and will play with it once I get through the other stuff.

Regards
Yuriy

Back