Bouar Schultz Surface Grinder Help

David

Active User
Registered
Boyar Schultz Surface Grinder Help

Well, I found another project this weekend! I have wanted to add a surface grinder to the collection for awhile and happened upon one Saturday.

It is a Model 612 with a sn: 9214. It has a Magna Lock chuck, model HR 612c with a sn: 1869. The Electro Matic Rectifier is a model KD-11 with sn: 3206.

The machine was bought non running as there was no 3 phase in the shop where it was purchased from. No information on machine history due to an estate auction. The table moves quite smoothly as does the head.

Now here is where I need help. I could not get power to the chuck, after removing the Rectifier cover I found this:

Picture 3) -The light socket in the upper left is not connected, wires that were there are now gone.
-A three position switch is in place but looks like a replacement. No wires to the left side of the switch. I'm
thinking this is a normal 2 position on / off switch????
-Upper right connection on drum switch broken.
Picture 4) -This connector on third photo, middle left (black) looks to need some type of Plug-in to complete circuit.
any ideas what is needed here????
Picture 5) -Shows indicator light with no wires. There are two orange wires coming out of the coil on the right side
(orange) that have been disconnected from somewhere.
Picture 7) The orange wires going nowhere.

Sorry about the confusing description-photo thing, I will learn how someday.. I will look for a wire schematic as timeallows. Has anyone had experience with this tye of chuck or wiring up a rectifier of this type? Any help would be truly be appreciated. I did not need another project, but here I am!!!!

David

Surface Grinder 007.jpg Surface Grinder 004.jpg Surface Grinder 001.jpg Surface Grinder 005.jpg Surface Grinder 003.jpg Surface Grinder 002.jpg Surface Grinder 009.jpg

Last edited:
I will not be able to help with the chuck, never see that style as of yet. We have 2 of the same surface grinder, but one has a permanent magnet chuck. The other has electric but not that make. Sorry
Pierre

Back