Bridgeport 15" Rotary Table Lube

widmayer

Registered
Registered
Where do you oil or lube one of these?
Do you use Way oil?
Thanks!
Gary

I'd be willing to bet if you check the hold down slots you'll find either a screw or a hole where the oil goes in. Pretty much like the old Bridgeport mills. Way oil or any good light weight oil would work. Then buy a crane to lift it or send it to me. I got a crane/overhead lift devise.
dickr

The lube system must work very well, as I took one at work, mounted a large 1/2" disc of steel on it, mounted 16 outward facing 200 DA collet setups on it, and motorized it with a DeWalt right angle half inch drill. A speed control is used on it, and it is used to mill a chisel shaped tip on short copper parts at 500 per hour by passing the parts through a set of cutters. The vertical mill has an arbor with a pair of double angle arbor style cutters on it. A pair of Bosch trim routers is used to take a final trim of .005 off each surface to eliminate burrs. This "invention" has been running about once a month for over 10 years with no issues. I was originally concerned about the life of the unit, relative to lubrication and wear. So far, so good.

Back