Bridgeport R2E3 solid spindle?

All the Erickson and NMTB 30 tool holders use a 1/2"-13 drawbar. The threaded portion of the drawbar measures .490", and the un-threaded portion is a little smaller, probably because the threads are rolled on.

Ok, This all sounds good to me. I will make plans to attempt the mod.

The one other thing I am thinking about is if you may know anywhere I can get a hold of a spare drawbar for this mill? Do people normally buy those ready made from somewhere, or are they more commonly custom made?

Thanks for your input, Derf!

I bought a Maxi Torque-Rite pnuematic drawbar, which comes with a drawbar, but you have to specify the length and the threads. Their drawbar uses a splined head, not hex.
If you go with something else, it's not hard to made a drawbar. Typically everyone uses a long grade 8 bolt and welds it to a longer shaft and then adds a hex driver at the top.

I bought a Maxi Torque-Rite pnuematic drawbar, which comes with a drawbar, but you have to specify the length and the threads. Their drawbar uses a splined head, not hex.
If you go with something else, it's not hard to made a drawbar. Typically everyone uses a long grade 8 bolt and welds it to a longer shaft and then adds a hex driver at the top.

That was actually the pneumatic drawbar that I was thinking about getting. They look good and more affordable than the Kurt pneumatic drawbar.

Back