Buffing Compounds - Sort them?

Never, ever mix compounds on a wheel/buff: the coarser material will contaminate the wheel/buff and you won't get rid of the fine scratches.

I don't buff/polish very often (but when I do, it's Dos Equis – no, no, that's something else), but have separately bagged wheels & buffs for each compound.
Yes, the buff wheel apparently has PVA deposited grit, so it seemed odd to mention combinations of compound and treated wheel, unless they were used in succession rather than together.

Reputable manufactures will list the grit value of each color. not all greens reds blacks blues are not the same. Get the grit value to determine what you want. I just went thru this to find some high grit for stropping/ honing knives. Some will list green as fine or extra fine, but what does that mean. Others listed a value of 6000 grit for green.

Reputable manufactures will list the grit value of each color. not all greens reds blacks blues are not the same. Get the grit value to determine what you want. I just went thru this to find some high grit for stropping/ honing knives. Some will list green as fine or extra fine, but what does that mean. Others listed a value of 6000 grit for green.
Reputable manufacturers be:

IMG_2857.jpeg

Back