Burke MVI Drawbar Parts ???

DJ_99Wing

Registered
Registered
Hello,

What should the Drawbar on the MVI Mill look like with R8 Collets? My mill has a 3/4"-10 nut on it that appears to be being used as a spacer. Should there be a bearing or very thick spacer washer there. The nut does work to allow me to tighten the collets properly, but what should really be there? I will try to attach photos.

Thanks, DJ20210711_210456.jpg

Attachments

• 20210629_234600.jpg
    20210629_234600.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Hello,

What should the Drawbar on the MVI Mill look like with R8 Collets? My mill has a 3/4"-10 nut on it that appears to be being used as a spacer. Should there be a bearing or very thick spacer washer there. The nut does work to allow me to tighten the collets properly, but what should really be there? I will try to attach photos.

Thanks, DJView attachment 371853
Does anyone have a photo of what their Drawbar looks like ? I'm guessing that this bar is not original...

Mine has a nut that fits the thread at the top of the splined section. There is a hole on the side for a pin wrench.
If the drawbar you have works with the 3/4-10 nut, you'll need to make a nut from some round stock that is as tall as the threads + the height of the 3/4 nut. Bore the end for a sliding fit for your drawbar.
Here is a shot of mine
Nut under drawbar.jpeg

Ignore how tall mine is - Originally the machine had a spring between the nut flange and the nut that holds the cone pulley on the spindle. It didn't seem to do anything as mine is a fine feed (wheel feed, not a lever) so I removed the spring.

You will need a lathe with threading capabilities or know someone who does.
Your drawbar looks original to me but I'm no expert. I think you are simply missing the nut.

Back