Can anyone tell me anything about this Logan lathe?

If they really thought that one was worth $1500, I'd hate to see the one that they thought was worth $800.

Ive seen it in person. I'll pass on it. It's beat pretty badly from many crashes from the high school kids. The clausing was in better shape, enough to take a chance on for $800, but not $1500.

Yes coming from a school is why I'm only willing to spend $800 on it, and that's taking a chance.

+1

High schools generally let the kids beat the snot out of some pretty good equipment. Then it sits with zero maintenance. It's pretty hard to get decent equipment from a high school. Upper level trade schools might be a better bet.

On the other hand;

Yes, they certainly can see more than their share of mayhem. However, if you are speaking of a machine with lots of spare parts available, they can be a good purchase. They generally do not see a lot of use like in a production setting, so the wear to irreplaceable parts like beds and such is often low. If the small stuff they generally need can be had, then look sharp, bargain hard, and try for a deal!

Back