Carolina Tool Bandsaw??

macrnr

Active User
Registered
I am considering the purchase of what looks to be a 9" X 14" horizontal bandsaw as a project. Can anyone tell me if Carolina Tool is a good product? Please excuse the picture, this is the best I can do.
Thanks, Mark

bandsaw.jpg

I would pass. It is not a quality product. You would do better with the 150 buck Harbor freight. I bought a Carolina and was never happy with it. There are many other better saws out there than the Carolina.

Randy

Thanks, It was up for auction today and I topped out at $100.00. It eventually went for $125.00.

I think you made a wise decision. You can get a HF for about 150 bucks out the door and have a new machine that will do great work with some minor tweaking and good adjustments. I have a HF 4X6 and after I tuned and trued it it does great. Cuts straight and will gnaw through 3 inch aluminum blocks in no time at all. For the money I am very happy with the machine. The stand sucks and I am going to renovate that to bolt it to a 2 drawer file cabinet and add wheels along with a hydraulic down feed and coolant system at the same time. The it will truly be a set and forget tool. It even turns itself off when done with a cut. Hope this helps your decision on whether to buy new or used.
Bob

Back