Cerakote my gearbox and cover to match.

help me out here.. syringes? with or with out needles. I can use some with those thick needles I use them for gluing, and other non piercing things... oiling ..

what do they look like, what are they called?

They didn't come with needles. Looked just like these though.

Care Touch 10ml Syringe with Luer Slip Tip - 100 Sterile Syringes – No Needle Great for Dispensing Oral Medicine and Home Care https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JJYDFHM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_VSASWGY9CHD4PKH0NSST

Ken,
Will the 90 mesh garnet media work on picatinny rails or is it too abrasive? Would you use a different temp to cure cerakote on aluminum than what you would use on steel?

Mike

Sorry, forgot to answer your other question.

Use the same temp on aluminum as with steel. 250f for 2-1/2 hours.

Cerakote makes an air-cure version that is good for plastics and anything you don't want to bake. Not quite as durable as the bake on stuff, but still pretty good.

I've used it on rifle scopes before.

Sorry, forgot to answer your other question.

Use the same temp on aluminum as with steel. 250f for 2-1/2 hours.

Cerakote makes an air-cure version that is good for plastics and anything you don't want to bake. Not quite as durable as the bake on stuff, but still pretty good.

I've used it on rifle scopes before.
Ken, thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. Merry Christmas!

For syringe, try farm & ranch stores. May be bigger than human size, but more readily available. Mike

For syringe, try farm & ranch stores. May be bigger than human size, but more readily available. Mike

Bigger would be better. It takes 3 fills of my 10cc syringes to fill my air brush cup. A 30cc syringe would be perfect.

30cc of Cerakote and 2cc of catalyst gets me the perfect satin color with colors like tungsten, burnt bronze and cobalt.

Back