[How do I?] Cerakoting

jpfabricator

Active User
Registered
I have a pretty sorry looking revolver that is screaming for some attention. I had looked at several coating systems and have semi considered cerakoting.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with cerakote? If so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

sent from somewhere in East Texas!

Yes, it works well. Spray a full thin coat and cook. You can mask to spray different colors or try your hand at an air brush for a design. I use a small HVLP gun from HF. A toaster oven works for small parts, I use my barbecue for larger parts. Sand blast before hand just to clean the parts and wash in acetone before coating. No skin oil on the parts after acetone.
Dave

P.S. A local gun dealer here has a hook up to a company that does incredible designs. You could ask around your gun stores.

I bought their start up kit for an AR build, but family issues have the project on the side lines right now. I hope to get some work op done over the holidays.

Duracoat works quite well. I have used both non bake and bake with good results. Prep is key as in most paint applications. I purchased on ebay. IMG_0161.JPG

I tried Duracoat, and a friend went with Cerakote. Both came out great.

But when we went shooting, the Duracoat changed colors along my barrel. His, no issue. With a flame-spitting revolver you may be better served with the Cerakote.

Back