Claper box pin backlash

2vieira

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,
Its me again. As i playing around my machine im discovering backlash sources. Now id like to ask you all if its accetable some bachlash in clapper box pin and how much. I think is a few hundreads of mm. Really i didnt take the measurement yet but i would like to know if is normal or accetable a kind of play beteewn the clapper box and its pin. Detail: the pin is not tappered.
Thanks again
Robson

Hi everyone,
Its me again. As i playing around my machine im discovering backlash sources. Now id like to ask you all if its accetable some bachlash in clapper box pin and how much. I think is a few hundreads of mm. Really i didnt take the measurement yet but i would like to know if is normal or accetable a kind of play beteewn the clapper box and its pin. Detail: the pin is not tappered.
Thanks again
Robson
I can’t directly answer your question but there needs to be some clearance between any parts that move. I’d check for wear and address that if excessive.

Post some pictures if possible so we can see what you’re talking about.

John

Hi John,
thanks your reply. Im gonna verify the correct backlash and attach some pics. In fact, my doubt is based on the moviment that the backlash allow the clapper box to make: upward. Theres exist an up and down playing, not a left and right one.
I will return with more info.
See you.
Robson

Hi there,
Im again with the question of the backlash in the clapper box pin. Paying more attention at the case i realized the backlash is kind a 2 tents of mm, more or less. Im gonna try to attach a giff showing it. Also i realized the pin has a slight taper as much as 0,05mm along the pin, though i dont know it is related to worn or a tapet in fact. Will it influence the finnishing of the piece? Should i to make another one?
Thanks
Robson

Attachments

• 20240305_080429.mp4
    7.9 MB
Back