Classifieds and donations so I can place a classified.

Trek

Active User
Registered
I need to ask a couple questions and dont know where else to post. I need to sell my LittleMachineShop minimill and was going to put up a classified here but the system seems to be down. I also dont know if I would just be better off going with craigs list or not. Without getting too specific I have a new this spring and barely used minimill with DRO PRO and all upgrades short of a power feed table, everything goes down to tooling, magnetic bases, indicators, table and I even have a nice selection of aluminum stock. Its litteraly a plug and play situation. I am going to get some more pics but I think if you search my past posts you can get a look at the machine after the DRO was mounted on the table.
Im sorry in advance if this not allowed but the donation system is offline. Plus like I mentioned I dont know if its less hassle to go the local Craigs List.
Plese PM me if you have any suggestions on if its better to list here or localy.

Hopefully the Admins will have the system back to 100% soon. I know they are working on it.

Craigslist is not a bad way to go, just screen the responders as best you can. There some real flakes out there. You will get some scam replies from people offshore wanting to send you a check for two or three times the amount you are asking for your ''item'', and want you to send the balance to their ''shipper''. You can have some fun with them if you want to take the time.

Kind of why I would like to find a member or friend of a member so to speak rather than Craigs list. I have dealt with that stuff. Few years back I had a new muscle car I had listed on regional magazines and autotrader. I got offers from a woman who wanted to buy it for her dad who was a captain of a container ship for my asking price. :talktogod:

I can promise IF I can find someone who is a member here or a friend of a friend kind of thing and willing to come pick this up they will get a good, not give away but good deal. Going to get pics together in the next few days or week.

This has just unfortunately turned into something I don't have time or space for.

I would wait for the donation system to get fixed & list it here. But I would also list it on CL too as it's usually much easier to deal with locals. I have heard about the CL scammers that hsed to be big problem. Most of the common type of scams are well known now so they have to try different ways of scamming. Like the "Nigerian" scams that were auite common, the tried to get my father when be was selling a NPR box truck but that was years ago.

I have sold some machining related items on CL throught this year & never had an issue, never got any scam emails. Guess it might depend on what your selling & where you are located to catch the scammers' attention. But CL buyers seem to always be lowballers, at least around year. I'm used to it & expect it though.

Back