Clausing 4914 chuck

My Cushman 4 jaw and backing plate came in today. While I had the 3 jaw off, I took a closer look. I can make out 7035 and Made in England where the round cut out is.

How would one make a filter?
Depends upon what you are trying to put the filter in or on. Most hardware stores will sell sheets of air filter material that you can cut to size with scissors. How you attach it is usually left as an exercise for the student. You may need to also purchase hardware cloth, expanded metal or something similar to keep it in place, especially on the input side if there is a fan for forced air ventilation. Or if it is being mounted under a horizontal surface.

:) If there's anyone needing any type of filter material ………………………….:)

A lot of the Clausings came with Pratt Bernerd chucks. Top Quality English chucks

Last edited:
That might be the brand then. The chuck appears to be the same age as the lathe and orginal.

That might be the brand then. The chuck appears to be the same age as the lathe and orginal.
My Clausing came with a Pratt Barnerd and it looks identical to yours. It also has a 4 digit model # which begins with 7184 , and below that says made in Eng. I have a 5900 lathe manufactured in 1972. I’m betting yours is a PB chuck, probably a few years older. Still... Awesome chucks which go for 500.00 used on eBay. It’s a keeper.

Last edited:
Back