Clausing 8520 mill

Nice find, Andrew! :thumbzup: FWIW, I just bought that same VFD from Dealerselectric.com and they seem to be good guys. That's a very good unit from everything I've read about them. Alot of guys using that one. I don't have mine installed yet on my new-to-me Heavy 10 because I'm renovating it first. I have a 10K 5-step linear potentiometer and some push button switches coming from Mcmaster so I can at least get the control box done. BTW, what's that big box wired to the drum switch on your 8520?

Nice find, Andrew! :thumbzup: FWIW, I just bought that same VFD from Dealerselectric.com and they seem to be good guys. That's a very good unit from everything I've read about them. Alot of guys using that one. I don't have mine installed yet on my new-to-me Heavy 10 because I'm renovating it first. I have a 10K 5-step linear potentiometer and some push button switches coming from Mcmaster so I can at least get the control box done. BTW, what's that big box wired to the drum switch on your 8520?

I am contemplating adding a VFD to my 8520 and my question is how big a motor and controller and what speed do you leave the mill on after the VFD in installed??? My mill currently has a 3/4hp 1725rpm motor, but I would like to eliminate changing the belt positions all the time!!

Skipd1

I am contemplating adding a VFD to my 8520 and my question is how big a motor and controller and what speed do you leave the mill on after the VFD in installed??? My mill currently has a 3/4hp 1725rpm motor, but I would like to eliminate changing the belt positions all the time!!

Skipd1

Skipd1, my mill has a straight 1/2hp 110v motor. My lathe, my first lathe ever, will be receiving a VFD and it's all new to me. Maybe someone else can answer your question, sorry. :thinking:

Back