Clausing 8525 milling machine - $1,600 (Whittier, CA)

I have seen that listed for a month now. I figured it would have sold by now. Machinery sales must be slow right now out here in LA.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Man I’d love to scoop that up. Not the right time though :( One day I will own a mill, one day.

Man I’d love to scoop that up. Not the right time though :( One day I will own a mill, one day.

It looks to be in decent shape. I am in no need for a second mill. If I was, those are nice little mills.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I’m about 900 miles away, so that’s honestly the big hold up. If that mill was in fair shape and I could get in home for $2,000, I’d be on it.

I’ve seen some nicer looking 8520s for hundreds less in the last few months. this one was $1800 a couple of weeks ago and I’d guess its still $400-600 over what it will eventually sell for.

Looks like that model might be a good size for my space, but the travel distance kills it. That's a long way from Olympia...and I need to learn more about mills, anyway, before I start spending the monies.

Looks like that model might be a good size for my space, but the travel distance kills it. That's a long way from Olympia...and I need to learn more about mills, anyway, before I start spending the monies.

I don't know about your space, but I think the size is great. I picked up an 8520 (same model but with morse taper instead of B&S) a couple of months ago for $700. Every bearing was shot, so call it $950 after new bearings. When you do the research, you'll find a ton of info about these. Very popular for hobbyists because of the size.

I don't know about your space, but I think the size is great. I picked up an 8520 (same model but with morse taper instead of B&S) a couple of months ago for $700. Every bearing was shot, so call it $950 after new bearings. When you do the research, you'll find a ton of info about these. Very popular for hobbyists because of the size.

I have a half of a residential garage, so about 9' x 18'. I need something the size of a big mill/drill, but without a round column. You'd think that would be easy to find right outside of Tacoma, but it isn't. These look like a really good option for smaller spaces.

Back