Cold saw

That looks like a great setup. How is the decibel level cutting? Much suckage here me thinks! Cheers, Mike

Where I worked many years ago we had a cold saw (Italian motor/pump) just like that and it was also used by 2 other shops in the neighborhood(friends of the owner), not because the other shops didn't have a metal cutting saw but because this one was faster and easier to switch from 90° to 45° in 5 seconds, and also it was very accurate.
Although it is built for industrial use but I would love to have one in my hobby shop even if it's an overkill.
You did good Larry, it's the last metal cutting saw you'll ever need.

That looks like a great setup. How is the decibel level cutting? Much suckage here me thinks! Cheers, Mike
I cut a railroad spike off and it was very quiet on the slower speed. When the RR double tracked the line next to my land they dumped dirt in a low area of my land. I didn't know it would be full of scrap metal when they asked. I cut an aluminum extrusion off on the higher rpm, still quiet. It surprised me how quick it cut that spike and the cut was very smooth. This is my first experience with a cold saw. I had expected them to use carbide blades. The HSS blades that came with it are 275mm with 180 teeth. Is that an appropriate blade for general cutting of ???

Back