Collet holder

Nevada

Registered
Registered
I just purchased a Rockwell metal lathe. I believe it’s an 11”x36”. I just downloaded the operating/ maintenance manual.
However, it came with a metal tube and 3 collets. The owner couldn’t explain the set up and I am having trouble finding anything on it. Can anyone help.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3002.jpeg
    IMG_3002.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3005.jpeg
    IMG_3005.jpeg
    587.6 KB · Views: 53
Hi, Welcome to HM!
Please post some more pictures of what you have, the tube collets, markings noting size, etc? Any additional info will help us help you.

I will. It will take me a couple of days. Thank you for your response.

Yes, photos of them. What does the manual say the taper in the spindle is. Often they are Morse, also proprietary and if you are lucky, 5C. Also, what does the manual say the size of the through hole in the spindle is?

I just purchased a Rockwell metal lathe. I believe it’s an 11”x36”. I just downloaded the operating/ maintenance manual.
However, it came with a metal tube and 3 collets. The owner couldn’t explain the set up and I am having trouble finding anything on it. Can anyone help.
Thank you
That’s a nice clean looking lathe, congrats!

As mentioned, pics of the collets and closer would help.

I made a tube type collet holder with thrust bearings off the hand wheel for my 11in Rockwell. On my 14 in Rockwell I got a loo 5c collet chuck quickly style with spinning ring on the outside. I think the adaptor is a short 4.5 Morse taper.

Welcome to the group @Nevada!

We will be here to help when you can show the tube and collets.

Brian

Back