Coming soon, PM 1440GS???

Should be similar to any step pulley bridgeport clones. You can download the pdf file of any step pulley knee mill by precision matthews

You have high and low speed ranges on that machine. If you have it on low gear, your rpm spindle speed will have a range of something like 50 rpm to 600 rpm

If you have it on high gear, your rpm range will go from around 600rpm to 1800 rpm.

If the red cam lever is pointed forward, it's probably on high gear.

To switch between high and low gear, first the machine has to be off. Then you move the red cam lever to the front or to the side, depending on if you want low or high. Then rotate the pulley inside by moving the V belt on the pulley. If you're going from low to high, you should hear a "thunk" when the front pulley "drops" into place. Then on the right side there, there should be a small lever with Low or High markings. Move that to match whatever speed you're going for. You have to do this in the order I posted.

1. Move cam lever to High (front) or Low (side)

2. Rotate the pulley by moving the V belt until the front pulley drops into place. This is necessary when going from Low to High. Don't do anything until you see or hear it drop.

3. Rotate the High/Low lever on the right side.

4. Turn on the machine. When you change from High to Low, the rotation of the spindle will go from clockwise to counter clockwise, so turn it on accordingly
Super! That's it!

What's added to my confusion is this also has a 2P/4P motor which is all handled by the 8 position rotary switch. High speed high gear, high speed low gear, low speed high gear, low speed low gear and the accompanying reversals. At least it appears as such.

Gosh, the manual was right there all along.

I'll go check it out now.

Thank you!
---------

Indeed. The mechanism was gummed up a bit and not moving vertically on previous efforts at determining it's role.. Got things sorted out and now see how it works, once upon a ladder with a light.

Appreciate it PC Maker...:encourage:

20210108_161034.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know much about the Jet 1240PY? It is belt drive. Have seen a few threads, seems like a capable machine. Taiwan.

Back